Friday, July 25, 2008

A nonsubstantive update

LinkOver the past week, among other things, I have been delving into religion-related topics. I will be continuing a conversation with a Falun Gong member, who left China not too long ago. A fruit vendor in Chinatown introduced me to a Chinese-run Catholic church, where I will be attending services on Sunday. A Confucian temple is holding services on Saturday. I will be meeting a Chinese-Peruvian Buddhist tomorrow.

Because of the sensitivity of some of these topics, particularly regarding the persecution of the Falun Gong (I apologize for the proliferation of wikipedia links), I'd really like to blog about it later. In the eyes of Duan, the Falun Gong member, I best "wait until I better understand Falun Gong." I happen to agree with him, so I'm going to hold off on writing about these things until after this weekend.

2 comments:

annalisa said...

you do understand that by "better understand falun gong" he means "join my cult," right?

Cedric said...

I put that in quotes for a reason. Let's wait until I meet with Duan to figure out what exactly he means.