Friday, March 13, 2009

School

After this awesome year is over, I am going to medical school in New York. Right now I have to fill out some paperwork -- which is really quite excessive -- listing every course I ever took, when I took it, what grade I got. Considering how academic-free this year has been, I am amazed I made it through college.

I was a bit of a masochist in college, taking more than five years of classes in four years. I just filled out my sophomore year, first semester schedule. I can't believe these were the courses I took:

Photography I
Principles of Chemistry
Third-Year Chinese
Multivariable Calculus
Classical Chinese Philosophy

I'm a pretty big fan of the American liberal arts education, of being able to mix and match philosophy with photography and chemistry, all in one semester (not so much the maths... my professor was kind of crazy). The American liberal arts education system is unique among basically every other country in the world, and it's a shame med school doesn't offer any Japanese drumming, African music, or modern Chinese literature classes.

1 comment:

Shum said...

Cedric! I can't believe your year is almost over...the photos are amazing (smoking asian hipsters??!). I saw a sign in San Jose for "Taiwan Association" when in Costa Rica last week and thought of you and your project. Hope all's well. Drop a line when you get to New York!

-Diana