Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Best and worst food after 6 months

I've just arrived in Birmingham, UK, and it's now been a little over six months on this journey, which means I'm more than halfway through my yearlong journey.

Countries I've been to on this trip -- Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, Paraguay, Brazil, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, the UK (this includes countries I've just passed through)

Best Chinese food:
1. The UK (ok, I don't really know, but just had pretty decent dim sum)
2. Brazil

Worst Chinese food:
1. Italy
2. Peru (Peru's Chinese food isn't terrible, but it is really overrated and vastly inferior compared to Peruvian food)

Best food:
1. Italy
2. Peru
3. Argentina

Worst food:
1. Bolivia
2. Spain

3 comments:

jujube said...

Seems like there's an inverse relationship between the quality of the Chinese food and the quality of the existing local cuisine...

Matthew Spinelli said...

I could not agree more. Italy's chinese food is terrible, and chifa is so overrated. Our hotel owner convinced us we needed to eat chifa. We went to that famous one on Paruro and Capón. My dad, "It tastes like bad New York chinese food." But Spain's food is not so bad, especially not compared to Bolivia.

Dory Canica said...

all Peru is wonderful, visit us!!! also peruvian food is delicious, you have to try it!!!

greetings from Peru
http://cooking-classes-with-cheff-bigotes.blogspot.com/