Friday, January 16, 2009

You didn't tell me about second dinner!

I'm now in Birmingham, the "armpit of England," the second most populous city in England and definitely one of the most ethnically diverse. The city looks like how I might imagine a stereotypical English city -- rather grimy, post-industrial, gray, old pubs on every other corner. I came to England for about six days when I was in seventh grade, and all I can really remember is some famous tower in London and my pilgrimage to Legoland, also known as Heaven.

I'm too tired to post anything substantial (again), but, I just had two dinners, with a very nice family friend of a family friend who I address as "Uncle" and "Auntie." I may or may not have been cajoled into singing "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion. I chose "I want you back" by the Jackson freely, however.

No comments: